Founded first in 1865, the town of Ita Ibaté, Corrientes emerges in the seventeenth century, when the first sailors gave it the name it bears today. Later, Ita Ibaté was strategic during armed clashes with neighboring countries.
There was consolidated same port, from where it left the cattle to be sold to Paraguay.
Ibaté Ita Chapel was built in 1902 and finally declared a National Historic Monument in 1997.
In Ita Ibaté, Corrientes, the main attraction is a Christ, a magnificent work of art with more than 6 meters, built with a single piece of wood of red timbo.
Similarly, a majestic Cross with 11 meters high, made of wood lapacho, steals glances in Ita Ibaté, Corrientes.